As our recent report “7 Brands Generating More Engagement on Instagram than Facebook” highlighted, brands are definitely connecting with their audience on platforms outside Facebook.
This reports delves into the beauty category. Looking at how activity compares between Facebook and Instagram, and what brands are doing to success on Instagram. The report compares ten top beauty brands across 6 social networks: Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest.
Data Highlights and Key Takeaways
- Facebook is the dominant social network in terms of fan count: Average of 72% of all communities reported on
- Instagram is only the 4th largest community based on industry average.
- Industry-wide, 77% of all social content engagements are happening on Instagram. Facebook garners 27%.
- NYX, the brand with the smallest overall fan count, has the most overall engagements (97% of those engagements happened on Instagram.)
- Engagement rates for the top industries are: Facebook = .13%, Twitter = .019%, Instagram = 3.14%
The brands analyzed are Chanel, Clinique, Covergirl, Dior, Estee Lauder, L’Oreal Paris, Mac Cosmetics, Maybelline NY, NARS Cosmetics and NYX Cosmetics. Those ten brands were selected from a larger pool based on their overall social media community size.