The January edition of our Social Intel report on monthly Facebook fan growth rate averages.
Here are some highlights from this month’s report:
- 16 of 58 Facebook pages in this report lost fans in 2017. That’s 27% of the pages.
- 3 of the 7 industries we analyzed had negative average fan growth.
- Despite a number of pages losing fans, largest fan loss for any single page is .13% (Twix – Snack Foods)
- The Luxury Fashion category has the second highest industry average fan counts, and every page experienced positive fan growth for January.
- Page with highest fan growth rate in this report is Texas Tourism (1.86%)
- Fan counts for pages in this report range from a low of 36,648 (UH Rainbow Hospital) to a high of 43,121,340 (Oreo)
Fan Growth By Industry
This report will help you understand how fan growth compares across different brands and different industries. To give you a better idea of how robustly your Facebook community is growing, and what your expectations should be.
Here’s a breakout by category of which industries are gaining or losing fans as a collective average.
Brands by Category
Below is a list of all the brands in this report, by category.
Texas State Board of Tourism
I Love New York
Akron Children’s Hospital
Children’s Hospital of Pittsburgh
UH Rainbow Hospital
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Nationwide Children’s Hospital
St Jude’s Children’s Research Hospital
Dayton Children’s Hospital
Boston Children’s Hospital
Dolce & Garbanna
This report can be viewed online, or downloaded as a PDF here.